The WGRS provides strategic advice, research, analysis, monitoring and direct representation on international government relations issues affecting corporate profitability, operations, and strategic planning. The WGRS provides these services both on a continuing and ad hoc basis, tailored to meet specific client needs. The focus is primarily on:
- U.S. and foreign government policies and regulations, including executive
and legislative developments.
- Client advocacy before the government and international organizations in matters
that affect the clients exports (e.g. economic sanctions), imports (e.g. retaliation in
trade disputes) and financing (e.g. Export-Import Bank, World Bank).
- Strategic planning to enhance competitiveness in individual countries or worldwide.
- Political risk and assessment analysis.
- Representing client priorities in regional, bilateral and multilateral trade negotiations, trade agreement enforcement, and trade policy development.
- Bilateral and multilateral government programs designed to assist international trade, investment, and economic development around the globe.